Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Dreaming of Teddy

I had a strange dream last night.

Kennedy Scholarships are named for John F. Kennedy rather than his appalling brother Teddy, but in Dreamworld anything can happen (I've been quite the swordsman in my time) and last night my subconscious decided that Teddy was both alive and in charge of the programme. And, even more implausibly, a good bloke.

I was with a friend (I'm not sure who it was) and we spotted Teddy (who looked like someone else) across the room. One of us said to the other how much we'd like a Kennedy Scholarship. We wondered how one would go about getting one. Then my friend said "I'll just ask him for one."

Before I could react he went over to Teddy and said, gauchely, "Excuse me, can I have a Scholarship please?" Then we ran out the room and into a lift.

Teddy followed us into the lift. And - to his immense credit - roared with laughter and said "That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard."

He may have been a dreadful IRA-apologist-cum-woman-drowner in real life, but you've got to hand it to the Teddy Kennedy who lives in the darker recesses of my brain - he's a smashing chap.
Web Site Counter
Best Buy